If arthritis is keeping you from living life to its fullest, it’s time to seek treatments that will help you return to the lifestyle you love. As authorities in regenerative medicine and pain management, we offer results-oriented treatments that are designed to soothe and eliminate your pain.
Our treatments focus on healing damage caused by the degenerative nature of this disease. We dig deeper and find solutions that are specific to your individual needs. Our goal is to find quick, effective pain relief with long-lasting results that improve mobility, reduce pain, and help you get back to doing the things and people you love.
This article is interesting and tells of the effect of mesenchymal stem cells found in regenerative treatments on this disease: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5802223/
Arthritis Pain Relief
Typical pain relief treatment relies heavily on pain medication. Our medical professionals look at all-natural pain relief methods that target the cause of your pain in order to begin the healing process.
We understand the mechanisms of pain and its causes and use an integrative approach to pain management. Our doctors are focused on results that are not only quick but also lasting. We provide a number of services and will often recommend a combination of treatments to optimize and accelerate your pain relief, including:
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy: PRP therapy uses your own plasma to access the healing platelet-rich cells. The injections allow us to target and repair joints affected by this degenerative disease to effectively reduce inflammation and alleviate pain. PRP will rejuvenate your body’s existing healing abilities, allowing the body to naturally repair damaged bone and soft tissues.
- Trigger point injections: These corticosteroid injections target aches that are affecting or aggravating your condition. The corticosteroids act in the same manner as naturally occurring hormones in your body, helping to heal damage and fight pain. The treatment reduces inflammation for up to 30 days for long-lasting relief.
What Causes Joint Degeneration and Inflammation?
The cause of your pain is based on the type of arthritis you have. The two prevalent types are osteo and rheumatoid. Osteo is caused by wear and tear to the cartilage in joints, while rheumatoid develops when your immune system attacks the joint lining. Risk factors for the disease include:
- Family history
- Gender (being female puts you at higher risk for rheumatoid arthritis)
- Previous joint injury
Types of Arthritis
There are over 100 types of arthritis, including many related diseases. In addition to the two of most common types of arthritis, other common forms include:
- Psoriatic arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory disease that affects the joints and connective tissue attaching tendons and ligaments to bones. It also affects your skin.
- Fibromyalgia: A condition that amplifies pain even from a gentle movement or touch.
- Gout: A condition caused by excess uric acid in the body, which creates painful crystals in your bone.
- Lupus: Another autoimmune inflammatory disease that can cause joint pain.
- Musculoskeletal pain: Inflammation in muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bursae.
You do not have to live with arthritic pain. Our doctors can create an effective treatment plan to heal damaged connective tissue and bone for long-lasting pain relief.
If you are looking for effective and long lasting relief from arthritis call us today at (843) 936-6238 to schedule a complimentary consultation.